What to Expect
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
As a guest of DESUAR SPA, you have full access to our relaxation room & locker facility. We will provide bath robes and slippers for use in between services and our special blend of herbal teas along with other refreshments.
Please plan to arrive at least 15-20 minutes before your scheduled appointment. This will allow enough time for you to locate the building, & find parking. Our spa is located in the basement of the Jewelry Trades Building. Upon arrival the building security desk will require a picture ID to sign in since we are located inside a residential building. Please also allow time to fill out our intake form and change into your robe and slippers. We will provide a locker for your personal belongings. We also offer complimentary wine to our guests.
ETIQUETTE & POLICIES
- APPOINTMENTS: We strongly recommend scheduling spa appointments prior to your arrival. Reservations are subject to availability and a credit card will be REQUIRED to reserve your treatments. If we don’t have a credit card on file your appointment cannot be confirmed and you will have to visit us as a walk-in.
- CANCELLATION: Treatment times and therapists are reserved specifically for you. If you need to make a change or cancel an appointment, please do so at least 4 to 8 hours prior to your appointment time in order to avoid being charged for your treatment. See our Cancellation Policy for more details
- GRATUITIES: Our staff does their best to make your visit as relaxing and pleasurable as possible. While gratuity is optional and at your discretion, it is graciously accepted. We suggest 20% of the full price of the service provided. We require a minimum 15% gratuity for promotional vouchers, you will be given the opportunity to leave one during check out. Should you choose not to leave a gratuity for your therapist we will charge your credit card a 15% gratuity on your behalf.
- SPAWEEK/SPAFINDER GIFT CARDS: We happily accept these gift cards on FULL PRICE treatments only, we are unable to combine them with any discount or promotion. Additionally, a credit card is still required to book your appointment. Failure to meet our cancellation policy will result in your credit card being charged the full amount of your treatment.
- PROMOTIONAL VOUCHERS: A credit card is still required to book your appointment. Failure to meet our cancellation policy will result in your credit card being charged the full amount of your treatment, we DO NOT redeem your voucher.
- DRESS: You may wear any comfortable clothing to the spa, a robe and slippers will be provided for you upon your arrival. Disrobe to the level of your comfort. Undergarments are not necessary, but you may wear them during your treatment if you prefer. Our licensed therapists are trained to drape your body in a discreet manner, assuring your privacy at all times.
- LATE ARRIVAL: Please arrive on time for your appointment. Arriving late will cut down the full length of time of your service, as we need to maintain a prompt schedule for other spa guests.
- QUIET ZONE: Please respect the privacy and solitude of other spa guests by speaking in a soft voice and turning off cell phones.
- MEDICAL: Our therapists are fully trained professionals who design your treatments to benefit your body to its fullest. Please inform us of any medical or special needs that require our attention to ensure your service will meet your needs perfectly.
- VALUABLES: Please do not bring valuables to the spa as we cannot assume responsibility for personal items.
- YOUR NEEDS: Want your treatment room extra warm? Like a particular kind of music? Sensitive to certain massage pressure? Let us know when you make your reservation, so we can personalize your experience.
- GIFT CARDS: Available for purchase online, in the spa, or by phone.
- PREGNANCY: Should I avoid the Spa if I am pregnant? Not at all. You might want to take advantage of our prenatal massage or one of our all-natural facials. (we are unable to provide treatment during your first trimester)
Parking in the Historic Core
Like most downtown centers parking in the Historic Core of downtown Los Angeles can be a challenge. With that in mind DESUAR Spa wants to make your entire experience as relaxing as possible.
Street parking between 9am and 3pm is on meters only Monday to Friday, with a 2 hour limit. There is no street parking between 3pm and 7pm on weekdays, street parking is free after 7pm or 8pm (check the meter) weekdays and all day Sunday. There are many parking lots in the immediate area, particularly along Spring Street. DESUAR Spa can recommend the following nearby parking lots:
- City Center Parking at 431 S Broadway, DTLA 90013
- Joe’s Parking at 530 S Spring Street, DTLA 90013
- Joe’s Parking at 449 S Spring Street, DTLA 90013
Please Note: On Sundays there is a Farmers’ Market that takes place on 5th St, between Spring St and Broadway, right outside our location. This can make travelling to our location and parking nearby a little more challenging, we recommend allowing a few minutes extra.